Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Sweet Lil Fifties Rig is Undergoing Surgery...

Best Blogger Tips
Happy Halloween, dear readers!


People often inquire about my writing studio camper (which you can get a photo tour of here).  Well, sadly it got some water damage (all my fault for not keeping it properly sealed), and now it's going to undergo some minor surgery.  My poor, sweet lil fifties rig...


For a while I was trying desperately to find someone who had experience repairing vintage trailers... and I heard of a lady named April-- a vintage camper expert right here in Fort Collins.

BUT....

I looked and looked and googled and googled couldn't get any contact info for her.  I was just googling her one day (unsuccessfully, again), when I got dejected and hungry and brought Lil Dude to a pizza place a few blocks away to pick up some pizza.  As I was at the counter, I noticed a business card lying there...

and it had a picture of an adorable vintage camper on it!!!

My heart started pounding, and I said to the lady next to me, "Excuse me, but is this your business card?"

Her: "Yup."

Me (heart really pounding now): "By any chance do you repair vintage trailers?"

Her: "Yup."

Me (heart really, really pounding now):  "Um, by any chance is your name April?"

Her (a little freaked out, maybe): "Yup."

Me:  "Oh my gosh!  Oh my gosh!  I've been looking for you for months!  I was just googling you!  Oh my gosh!"

So yes, my heart was about to explode with serendipity and joy...

and once she realized that despite appearances, I wasn't actually crazy, she agreed to look at my camper.  And she did (she's so delightful and smart and knowledgeable... my lil rig is in such good hands with her.)  She's going to start working on her (my trailer being feminine, she informed me) soon, and I'm so excited!


I've been scouring Pinterest for inspiration for redoing my camper, finding all kinds of cool ideas.  Since we had a renovation done in our house, and I now have an actual writing studio inside, I decided to repurpose my trailer to be a technology-free creative space where I can read, make art, write, dream, drink tea, and sometimes, maybe, doze a bit among plentiful pillows.  And if my Lil Dude promises to be mellow (ie, no ninja moves inside), I'll invite him to join me for a spot of tea or some water-coloring or a good picture book.


Speaking of ninjas, that's what Lil Dude will be for Halloween-- a Red Cobra Ninja-- and now I must make dinner so we can eat and then carve our pumpkin.  May you have a super-spooky, HAPPY Halloween!


xo,
Laura

5 comments:

  1. I am not just a little but quite a lot jealous. I often check the CL looking for vintage trailers hoping that I could have one to "work" in someday. What's more impressive than a business woman with her own business trailer.
    Please have me over for tea. I'll leave the kids at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby, I'll definitely have you over for tea when the reno is done! And btw, those chocolate clusters were heavenly ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does April still do camper renovations? Do you have her contact info still?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you still have April's contact info? Is she still doing campers in Fort Collins?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Casey, I do have April's contact info-- you can email me at Lauraresau at gmail dot com and I'll pass it along to you. She still works on campers in Ft Collins, but she continues to be very busy, so I couldn't say whether she could take on any new trailers. You could ask her, though!

      Delete

Comments