Friday, May 1, 2009

Readergirlz May Issue!

Best Blogger Tips
Hey everyone,

I'm so excited-- today is the first day that RED GLASS is featured on the very cool readergirlz website and blog! Check it out-- there's an interview, playlist, party ideas, discussion questions... and even a poster to download!

Please make sure to post comments on the blog discussion during this month of May-- I'll be checking often and posting comments myself. This is a great way to explore RED GLASS...

AND be sure to mark your calendars for Wednesday, May 20. I'll be doing a one hour long *LIVE CHAT* that starts at 6:oo p.m. Pacific time, 7:00 p.m. Mountain time, 8:00 Central time, and 9:00 East coast time.

Isn't the readergirlz manifesta great?

It's such an honor for RED GLASS to be chosen for this... readergirlz is such an awesome site... that's how I found out about The Adoration of Jenna Fox, which I wrote about in my last post. You can check out the other books and authors they've featured in the past and put together a great reading list to last you through the summer...

I'm really happy that the readergirlz feature also talks about the Dream Act , which is proposed legislation that would address the problem of the huge number of teens who are great students and want to go to college and get professional jobs, but they can't because they're undocumented. Many of the teens in this situation were brought here as little kids by their parents, and have spent most of their lives here. Read more about the Dream Act ! You can sign a petition here


Okay, on to other news:

I'm extra-excited today because I'm headed to NYC tomorrow to visit my editor and the gang at Random House... and also my good friend Amanda who lives in Williamsburg. Toddler and hubbie are staying at home, which means I'll get to sleep in past seven (pure luxury). And I'll get to go to MOMA and hip lil restaurants and ride the subway (hopefully without a mask...) Can't wait!

Okay, check back again in a few days for my NYC pictures...

Thanks for reading!

Laura