Saturday, April 17, 2010

Colorado Book Award Finalists!

Best Blogger Tips
Hello everyone,

Hope this finds you well! I just got news from the Colorado Book Award committee... and am thrilled that THE INDIGO NOTEBOOK is one of three finalists for the Young Adult category! Yipee!


I was happy to see so many of my writer-friends on the finalist list. The other YA finalists are Amy Efaw (After) and Julie Anne Peters (Rage: A Love Story). Amy and Julie are such talented, warm people-- I'm so excited for them.




All three finalists in the Juvenile category are writing buddies of mine, too! Congrats to Teresa Funke for V is for Victory: Homefront Heroes and Karla Oceanak for her debut novel Artsy-Fartsy: an Aldo Zelnick Comic novel (these are both Ft Collins writers, too) and Claudia Mills for How Oliver Olsen Changed the World.





My good friend Denise Vega is a finalist in the Children's category with Grandmother, have the Angels Come? Congrats, Denise!!


And finally, my good friend Laura Pritchett is a finalist in the Non-Fiction category for the fabulous anthology she edited called Going Green: True Tales from Gleaners, Scavengers, and Dumpster Divers.


The awards ceremony will be in Aspen in June-- it'll be fun... I've never been to Aspen before (even though it's just a few hours from my home). And I'll be in great company... can't wait to hang out with my other finalist friends! Congrats to everyone!

Now I have to sneak out to my trailer and finish going over the copyedits for The Queen of Water. Usually, I try not to work on weekends, but I have to drop this off at the Fed-Ex place before one today... and the clock's ticking...

xo,
Laura