Monday, April 10, 2017

Puerto Morelos, Mexico!

Best Blogger Tips
 

Hello beautiful readers!

Hope you're enjoying springtime! I've got a few manuscripts in to my editor and agent, and am now waiting for revision notes and news... At this point, the only thing I have to share with you, writing-wise, is that my new book (involving chocolate-making and the rain forest and magical dreams and a treasure hunt) will be coming out in Fall, 2018 with Scholastic! Oh, and I redesigned my website (by myself... quite the challenge!)... here it is if you'd like to check it out.



I thought I'd share some photos of our fun family trip to Puerto Morelos, Mexico, back in February...

Here's where we stayed, at Rancho Sak-Ol, just a 15 min walk from downtown.


My Lil Dude (not so little anymore... he just turned 10!!!) loved the hammocks....
 

He wanted to bring his guitar, but we compromised on bringing my much-smaller uke instead...



The bed swung from the ceiling... this was relaxing for reading in bed, but for actually *sleeping*, it was a little weird... every time you shifted positions,the whole bed would swing. ;-)
 

Some cool snorkeling right off shore...

 

To get downtown, we walked down a road through a mangrove swamp, complete with crocodiles.
 

Puerto Morelos is nestled between the busy, super-touristy cities of Playa del Carmen and Cancun.  We just flew into the Cancun airport and took a half hour shuttle ride to this sweet little fishing town. There were more locals than tourists, which was nice... we liked hanging out in the mellow town square, where local kids came to play after school.


Nights were magical... we ate outdoors at the yummy restaurants downtown and watched street performers like this fire dancer.


Playground in the town square at night... my dude got to practice his Spanish...


 Lots of bougainvillea...


Very walkable...


Street art!


Our favorite cafe was El Nicho, right on the town square...

 

Some parts reminded me of Huajuapan, the town where I lived in Oaxaca... 
 

Another restaurant we loved-- DK's... This place was made from a shipping container (in this pic, it was closed, but when we went, the walls opened up and cafe tables were set up around it.) Tasty blowfish tacos!



 

We went to Xcaret for a couple days-- it's kind of an eco-theme park.... One of the coolest things about it were these underground rivers that flowed through caves... you could float along the crystal-clear water for about 45 minutes on each river. Enchanting!


There were jungle paths and animals to see along the way...


Swimming and snorkeling...


My dude loved this blowhole!


He and Ian had a blast on the ropes over the water in one of the little coves...


 Thanks for swinging by!

xo,
Laura













No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments