Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Meet Peachy and Winnie, Our Sweet Vintage Trailers!

Best Blogger Tips
Peachy, our 1950s canned ham trailer

Hello dear ones,

So, now that I am officially a crazy trailer lady, I thought I'd introduce you to our latest one, and show you some pics from this year of our other one.

This is our beloved old one, Peachy, named after my beautiful great-grandmother. She's a sweet little ten foot long canned ham from the late 1950s. She lives happily in our driveway and gives us a creative space to play and work. I've written three books sitting at her table, and revised more while lounging on her bed. We take her to the mountains for weekend outings in the summers...


 

 









 

And this is our new one, Winnie, named after my loving grandmother. She's a charming 1969 Red Dale, about 14 feet long. During the warm months, she'll be living by a babbling brook among the aspens on our land in the mountains. We'll be visiting her as often as possible. :-)

Winnie, our 1969 Red Dale trailer 





We just got Winnie a few months ago, and I had fun doing some renovations-- mainly painting and ripping up the carpet to reveal gold-sparkled original linoleum. Ian kindly painted marigold yellow stripes on the sides. I love going to flea markets and thrift stores to find cool stuff for her. I've been doing some book revising and tea-drinking on the comfy sofa and hosting a few *tiny* dinner parties in her dining area. When the weather warms up and she's in the mountains, I plan to do some writing retreats with her. :-)

 

We have some cool decals with the trailers' names-- Peachy and Winnie-- but we're just waiting for the weather to warm up enough to stick them on. Stay tuned...

If you're curious to know how we found Winnie and Peachy, it was on Craig's List. Both were pretty incredible deals.... and Winnie's seller was located less than a mile from our house! If you're in the market for a vintage trailer, I'd recommend spending time researching them online and checking Craig's List regularly so that you get a good sense of how much different styles/ages of trailers in your area are going for. Then you'll be able to recognize a good deal and pounce on it. :-)



*Note that these images all came from my Instagram feed.... that's where I do my updates on life, creativity, trailers, travel, etc. You can follow me here.

Here's a link to all my vintage trailer posts. Just click on the link, and once you get to the page, keep scrolling down for older posts, and click on "older posts." Enjoy!

Thanks for coming by!

xo,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments